Thursday, June 23, 2011

Take Me (I'm Yours)

Take Me (I'm Yours)


I don’t know where life’s going to take me
don’t know if life will take you from me
or take me
from you

I do know
I want to take this life in stride
take it one day at a time
seize every moment
share them with you

I may take it for granted
the sun will rise tomorrow
but I won’t take it for granted
you’ll be there when it does
with those kisses, the smile that lights
any room you’re in

(you have so many of them
I want to be there to see
so many, many more)

An astronomer spends so many nights
staring at the stars
he forgets that once they called to him
like a lover to her bed

But I, I’m still amazed
every step I take moves me closer
to another dance with you
and I, I won’t make promises
because if you just wait you’ll see
always looking for constellations
in the stars in your eyes
is just part of being me

I don’t know where life will take me
but I’d like to see if maybe it’d consider
bringing you along

and I don’t  know where life will take you
but I’d like it to consider
taking me along

(if there’s a ride, let’s ride it
if there’s a path, let’s walk it
if there’s a boat, let’s sail it
if there’s a song, let’s dance it
if there’s a chance, let’s take it
take it, let’s take a chance together
take me
I’m yours)

No comments:

Post a Comment