Monday, March 28, 2011

Song for Her

     I had an amazing weekend. It was mostly one very, very long date with a four break for sleep in between. I met my date at 6:45 on Saturday night and we went to see Little Shop of Horrors at the local theatre. Afterward, we went to a wine bar and a pub. I got home at 2:30 in the morning and got up four hours later to get ready to meet her again for coffee at 8 before we went skiing/snowboarding at 9. We came down in time for lunch, then picked up her dog and I took her out to my parent's place. We hung out with my parents, talked, I played guitar for her and took her back to her car around 10 pm. While I was playing I started to write a song for her, but didn't get too far. The first line stuck in my head though, so in my spare time at work today, I came up with the following. I'll likely add a chorus before I call it complete. Also, it's a working title, but I kind of like it.


Song for Her

You kissed the wine from my lips
lost your way in my music
and never looked back

Your star flashed across the sky
down the road less traveled by
and straight into my life

If there was ever another path
these last few days washed it away
and we’ll never know the difference

I’m looking forward to a here and now
so tangled up in you
we’ll never unravel.

So here’s to seizing the day
and taking a leap of faith
if we fall, we’ll fall together

You kissed the wine from my lips
gave in to the music
and never looked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment