Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Time Enough for Love


    You would call me a hopeless romantic. I don’t. I don’t believe that romance is hopeless. As a 28 year old man, I’ve had my share of heartbreak and broken my share of hearts. I am not innocent, nor naïve. I simply believe in love. I believe in platonic and romantic love. I believe in eros, agape, philia. My favorite word for love is caritas. The dictionary says it’s “Christian love, charity.” Wikipedia says it is “distinguished by its origin, being Divinely infused into the soul.” To which I have two things to say: Corinthians: 13:1-13 and. . . thou art. To me, caritas simply means “I love you for you.”

    This blog is meant to be an outlet for that side of me. In particular, I like to write romantic poetry and song lyrics. But I imagine you’ll find anecdotes, philosophies, and other thoughts here as well. From time to time I’ll probably write about Zen living, which is very much about love, compassion and opening your heart. There are a lot of things and people I love, and this will be a place for all of them.

     The title, Time Enough for Love, is in honor of the book by Robert A. Heinlein. His novel of the same name is one of the many places I learned to love. (I’ll mention that Stranger in a Strange Land had an equal part.)

     I believe in love. Now I share that faith with you.

1 comment:

  1. The name will likely change to Rom-antics in the near future. Still, a salute to Heinlein.

    ReplyDelete